Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm A Big Girl Now!!!

Potty training is the part of motherhood that scared me the most. I put it off for A LONG TIME until Sariah was so sick of diapers that everytime the diaper was wet or dirty, she would take it off and bring me a clean one. Obviously, she was ready...BUT was I???
I cleared my schedule so we could be home and started out Tuesday morning training her doll. She LOVED taking her to the bathroom and helping her be a big girl. Before naptime we had a little celebration for Patty (the doll) for being so good and learning to go potty in the toilet. Sariah went down for her nap (super fast...since she wanted her big girl panties). After naptime, she put on her new princess panties. She had two accidents and so we decided to go one more day before throwing her her big girl party. Wednesday she woke up and did GREAT all day. One minor accident but that has been all ever since.
It has been almost two weeks and she is now wakes up from her naps dry everytime and most nights. She loves being a big girl!!!

Potty doll

Empty out Patty's potty

A certificate that says, "I'm a potty-trained BIG girl!"

Opening her presents

She has wanted princess hair stuff since Christmas...I finally gave in! :)

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Yay for potty training! It is one of those duties that is sooo not fun. At times after they're potty trained, I wished they were back in diapers. Like when you've just sat down to a meal in a restaurant and they need to go.