Sariah has been a little worried about starting preschool which suprised me because she has always been pretty easy going with change. She was worried about not already knowing her numbers and letters. To ease some of her worry, I decided to make it a really fun morning leading up to going to school. When she first woke up, she brought the strawberry shortcake dolls into bed with me and we played. We brushed their hair and just played.
Then, she got to pick what you wanted me to fix her for breakfast. During the week, we pretty much ALWAYS have cereal and we only have hot breakfasts on the weekend. She picked eggs and "toast"...I threw in some blueberries too. She got to color a smiling face and decorate it with stickers.

A new favorite...bagel thins

I made her a calendar so she knows what days she goes to school. I also made a photo/chore chart so she knows what things she needs to do in order to be ready to leave for school. She loves finishing them so she can take the picture off and put in the pocket up top.

We found a special place for her backpack so she can grab it on her way out the door.

We had a hard time finding a backpack "her size" but she was able to find this Dora backpack and she LOVES it. It is just the right size.

She KNOWS that she is cute...can't you tell!!!

At school, they got to decorate cookies to take home to their moms and dads. She was so excited and told me that I don't even have to share with her...so sweet!

She also drew a picture of her family and put her hand print on it to give to us.

She had a great time and is really excited to go back. She did make sure she didn't miss anything fun with us though...one of her first questions to me, "What did you do the whole time?" She is getting so grown up and I love watching her become such a sweet little girl!!! I cannot imagine my life without her in it...she brightens everyday!!!
2 comments:
I love the photo chore chart that is so smart and a fun way to get them to help.
Um... Lovin the Photo chore chart! Stealing that! She is SO sweet. Preschool, and Dance, and Chore Charts. She is so grown up.
You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment